Simple DIY Foaming Hand Soap
Whether you're fresh out of hand soap and unable to find more due to this crazy pandemic or you're just a DIY kinda gal looking for a quick and easy project, I've got you covered!
I just whipped up my first batch of this foaming hand soap in less than 5 minutes and wanted to share the recipe with you.
Here's what you'll need:
- Soap dispenser - I'm partial to this one :)
- Castile soap - I went with Dr. Bronner's unscented, but you can choose any scent you'd like! I used 4 tablespoons for a 16 oz. soap dispenser. I might add a little bit more next time to make it more foamy. There are a lot of other uses for castile soap that you can read about here.
- Funnel - We're funnel-less around here, so I created one out of aluminum foil.
- Measuring spoons
- Essential oils - You don't NEED these, but I threw some in that I had on hand. I used 10 drops each of grapefruit and lemon and it smells fresh and springy! I'm excited to experiment with different blends next time.
- Fractionated coconut oil - I used this and honestly eyeballed it when filling my dispenser. I probably put in around 1/4 of a cup. Adding in some coconut oil will make the soap much more moisturizing.
Here's what you'll do next:
- Use your funnel to pour the castile soap into your soap dispenser.
- Add essential oils and fractionated coconut oil.
- Fill up the remainder of the soap dispenser with filtered water.
- Put on the soap dispenser lid and shake it all up.
It's that easy! Not sure about you, but I'm just over here wondering why I didn't start making my own hand soap before now.